We know you may have concerns about coming to a healthcare facility, and it’s important to know we are taking additional measures to ensure our care centers and surgery centers are safe places to receive and provide care. As we begin the process of resuming normal services, we will:
- Pre-screen all patients over the phone to establish if they have symptoms of COVID-19, have traveled to an area deemed to have widespread community transmission of the virus, or have had recent exposure to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. If a patient meets any of the above criteria, they will not be scheduled for a procedure or seen in the office, but will be offered a telehealth appointment.
- Establish a station at each of our locations to screen teammates, patients and visitors. Upon arrival we will check for fever, cough, shortness of breath and flu-like symptoms. We will also ask each person about recent travel or current travel plans to evaluate any risk.
- Require everyone to wear a mask or covering over their nose and mouth at all times. Providers will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to, gowns, aprons and gloves when appropriate to keep them and our patients safe.
- Clean all frequently-touched surfaces often, including keyboards, workstations, countertops and doorknobs. To reduce unnecessary touching of surfaces, doors will remain open whenever appropriate.
- Arrange chairs six feet apart in the waiting room to allow for social distancing.
- Not permit visitors to accompany patients unless medically necessary.
As we establish our new “normal”, we will work with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and our local and state officials to ensure we are following the most up-to-date guidelines.
We are eager to see you again soon. For detailed information on our enhanced safety procedures, please see these Frequently Asked Questions. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about what we are doing to safely and responsibly resume services, please contact our office.